To our Limited Partners/ Co-investors:
To our Investees/ Joint Venture Partners:
The Executive Team
- 100 + years team experience, mission driven entrepreneurs, professional managers, and angel investors and venture capitalists.
- Performance driven generalists and specialists (marketing/sales, finance, engineering, operations) with deep domain expertise (agriculture, health & wellness, technology).
- Managed $100M+ treasury funds and hedging portfolio for building mines and other businesses under strict investment policies and corporate governance in public and private capital markets.
Managing General Partner & CEO
- An entrepreneur, professional manager, and investor, founded ALAMidas Capital Partners Inc. in 2016 while assessing the risks and opportunities in the hemp space (not marijuana); a strategic shift as founder of Healthy Crowdfunder Corp (2012) connecting investors and investees in the health space.
- Solid mining finance track record involved in building four big mines ($B CAPEX 2018 dollars) in his career. As former CFO or CAO, he was instrumental to raising and managing over $400 million and $300 million, equity and debt financing, respectively, in the public and private capital markets.
- A former professional accountant and a former corporate finance instructor and finance graduate at the British Columbia Institute of Technology, he found his true “Ikigai” as a 9-year franchisee of a national natural products company. Tony believes hemp is truly the plant that could make a healthier planet while contributing to the health consciousness of consumers.
Chief Financial Officer
- Founder of Ultimate Commodity, a fintech startup exploring big data mining and analytics applications.
- Big 4 trained finance professional in Canada, Central and Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union.
- Over 20 years’ experience in financial reporting, business and process modeling, and operations optimization.
- US CPA (Washington State) and MBA graduate with University of Vienna School of Business and Economics.
- A strong believer in data-driven decisions to grow top and bottom lines and streamline operations.
Venture Partner - Operations, Engineering & Business Development
- 20+ year Process Engineer with domestic and international experience in industrial systems design, operation and maintenance with Talisman Energy Inc. and as a pan-industry consultant.
- Co-founder of Cougarstone Solutions Inc. - a multifaceted technology company focused on developing innovative solutions to complex industrial problems, including automated and integrated Engineering and Operations systems, cross industrial value chains and practical applied research.
- Strong coordinator with an extensive background creating value through strategic planning, tactical delivery and leveraging a comprehensive network of experts.
- Developed and executed multi-million dollar construction projects including Gas Plants, Oil Batteries and full field development plans.
- Brownfield operations coordinator during design of the $1Billion dollar Montrose Area Redevelopment (MAR) project in the North Sea. (https://www.offshore-technology.com/projects/monarb-area-redevelopment-project-mar-north-sea/)
Human Capital Integration
- 20+ years experience in the Western Canadian oil & gas industry: from Facility to Reservoir Engineering, with skills in organization effectiveness, facilitation, process design & improvement, change management and project management.
- Passion for bringing teams together to work more effectively, make better decisions, be more innovative and think more strategically.
- Led a multi-discipline team to create, document and implement a process for Execution Planning, Development Planning and Appraisal Planning.
- Successfully facilitated and guided a newly formed team through their strategic vision development and key behavior conversations.
The Lead Advisors
Solid track record in corporte governance, investment banking, investment management, business development, market development, software technology, agronomy, agriculture,
Corporate Governance & Operations
- Expertise in corporate governance best practices.
- Extensive experience in scaling businesses and corporations.
- Experienced at managing corporate operations and introducing services into new markets.
- Expertise in developing and implementing effective strategic plans including metrics.
- Effective participative empathic leadership abilities.
- C-Suite in-depth knowledge for capital raising, due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, creating sustainable shareholder value, and regulatory compliance.
- Founder of Terrahub, industrial blockchain education, incubator and consulting.
- Co-founded Caledonia Solutions, a supply chain software for the dangerous goods industry, moving the industry away from paper and into digital innovation
- Identified new market opportunities successfully; commercialized new concepts, inspired teams into action by creating an entrepreneurial environment.
- Member of The A100 and Mentor with IBM District Ventures.
Accomplished capital markets executive with expertise working with banks, finance companies, mobile platforms, loan originators, institutional investors & finance innovators across industries & business sectors offering:
- Expertise in quickly evolving markets: cannabis, mobile technology & payments/banking
- C-Suite advisory for capital raising, investment documents, go-to-market strategy & shaping product/services design
- Partnership evaluation, development, deal structuring & negotiation
- New market research, SWOT analysis, strategic planning, model development & forecasting
- FINRA licenses Series 7 & 63; Kellogg School of Management MBA
Market Development, Farmer Relations
- Founder of Golden Meadow International Inc. offering national and international market development assistance; 30 years’ experience in research, sales, and marketing in domestic and international markets; network of agri-business contacts in over 35 countries.
- Past Executive Director of the Canadian Special Crops Association, led to the creation of Pulse Canada, a leading model for the development of a strong Canadian agricultural sector.
- Multi-million-dollar agreement between a Dutch company, a Quebec based company, and an Ontario based company with Dutch ownership.
- Worked with Roquette on selecting Portage-La-Prairie, Manitoba as the site for the world’s largest pea processing plant.
Market Development, Farmer Relations
- Founder of Finn Lake Ltd. designing and developing agriculture related programs for private and public sector clients.
- Consults on international regional development projects requiring fully integrated trading strategies, as well as developing markets for their products.
- A family of two generations, has been involved in farming extensively in Alberta.
Let's discuss how we operate